LEARN - LEAD - MENTOR
Women leading women and making a difference in our community
Executive Women International® is a professional organization for supporting the success of women in business. We have a passion for networking and the promotion of our firms and their representatives as responsible contributors within our communities EWI fosters the ability to grow on a number of platforms.
As a member of EWI, you will make connections through new business associates, enhance your career by participating in available personal and professional development training and opportunities, and you will involve yourself in projects that make a positive difference in the community. Our members enjoy attending our monthly meetings and special events, while having a wonderful time with like-minded professionals from diverse backgrounds and varied experience levels. Browse the meeting schedule for the next few months. Consider attending as a guest to see if we fit your professional profile.
EWI of Calgary is one of many chapters located throughout North America. For more information about EWI or to find a chapter located near you, please visit our corporate site at: http://www.ewiconnect.com/
Join us as we meet on the third Wednesday of each month at various exciting locations in Calgary, with amazing speakers/presentations booked for each meeting. Guests are always welcome at our meetings. Please visit our Monthly Meetings tab for the upcoming schedule and to review some of our past events and speakers.
December Meeting & Year End Celebration
Thursday December 12, 2013
Calgary Golf & Country Club
5900 Elbow Drive SW
5:00 pm - Networking and Shopping Extravaganza
6:15 pm - Dinner
The Shopping Extravaganza is all lined up and so are the vendors. We are thrilled for some of our favorite vendors to be back and we are also welcoming some new and exciting vendors this year! (cheque or cash is preferred)
Banuka Bakery & More…..
This year we want you to participate in our initiative to raise awareness for literacy. Please bring a book – old or new, and we will be setting up book nooks around the city. Below are just a few of the reasons why EWI believes literacy is so important
· For a child, the more time spent with a parent reading aloud increases his or her level of attachment, enhances a sense of security, and imparts the knowledge that their parent feels they are worthwhile people with whom to spend time
· Simple things like reading and telling stories to a child at 18 months are powerful stimuli for brain development in the early years
· Reading to children more than once a day has a substantial positive impact on their future academic skills. In addition, research indicates children with early exposure to books and reading are better at performing mathematical tasks
On December 12th you can help out and donate 3 ways:
1) Cash donation or purchase 50/50 tickets at the Registration Table
2) Donate through shopping – 10% of vendor sales are donated back
3) Donate a Book – old or new. You can also purchase a book from a vendor that will be at the event!
This is also a very special evening for EWI as we will be presenting our 2013 Charity of Choice, Highbanks Society, with a cheque.
You will want to be a part of this!
These are just a few exciting things we have planned for this evening.
We are looking forward to seeing you on December 12th to celebrate this Festive Season.
Please Note: Country Club has a dress code of no Jeans and no cell phone use on premises.
Country Club is located 1.5 blocks west of Elbow Drive on 50th Avenue SW
If you are experiencing problems while registering online, please contact Judy York at (403) 686-6885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about EWI Calgary, please contact us at email@example.com